First, let me tell you a few words about Studenka where is our primary school located. Studenka itself is situated in the Czech republic, in the North Moravia in a beautiful lowland of Moravian Gate-Preserved region of numerous ponds on the Odra River. It has the long-time tradition of wagon producing that is why there is the Railway Museum located in the castle in Studenka. Natural beuaties of town environs, charming countryside, cycling tourist paths which are the part of European routes, winter and summer recreation activities, unique flora and fauna systems make Studenka quiet place for living and attractive place for tourists.
About our school-basic data
Our Primary School is named after Thomas Garrigue Masaryk who was the first Czechoslovakian president.
The school has 287 pupils (they are from 6 to 15 years old) and 22 teachers.
The priorities of our school are
- enviromental studies
- support of healthy life style and healthy eating in our school canteen
- interest in science and computer studies
- interest in national and international cooperation
- language training
- willingness to be involved into new national and international school partnership
- pupils´assessment (verbal comment in first form and combination of verbal comment and marks in second and third forms)
- genetic (spelling) reading method
- Professor´s Hejny method of teaching mathematics
- E school child´s report
- School Pupils´ Parliament
- project of pre-school tuition for nursery-age children
- school magazine
- patronage of ninth grade pupils under first grade pupils
Some important annual school events
- 1st September welcoming of first-formers
- outdoor schooling
- charity auction-sale
- project tuition
- various P.E. competitions
- cultural performances for parents
- Christmas fair
- skiing training
- garden party
- competition Miss of the school
- English language events supporting tuition (English theatre performances in Ostrava, English language show performed by native speaker in our school)
- history field trips to Auschwitz and Birkenau, Hrabyně and Darkovičky
Examples of our Educational Projects
- FIVE P´s (usage of computers in science)
- PROGRAMS FOR NURSERY-AGE CHILDREN
- WE LIVE TOGETHER
- SCHOOL SUPPORTING HEALTH
- CREATION OF DIGITAL TUITION MATERIALS
- ENGLISH LIBRARY PROJECT
- PUPILS´ LANGUAGE STAY IN LONDON AND BERLIN
About contemplated Erasmus school project
We are looking for other schools (at least 2) to join us in our project. The aim of our project is to cooperate in the field of enviromental studies and ecology. Our idea is to monitor and to compare different ecosystems with their unique flora and fauna. We intend to produce high quality end products in a form of colour brochures and leaflets, herbariums, photo gallery, translation dictionary and many others- it depends on our agreement. Our original materials will be integrated into the school curriculum. Other subjects of cooperation in the field of enviromental studies are welcomed.
Why do we want our students being involved in international partnership?
Because of the possibility to confront their knowledge and experience at any time of their study with the reality in other European countries (especially in the case of Erasmus language project which involves students´ mobility), to share ideas, to get experience, to solve the common problems via Internet, to cooperate in creating study materials and activities performed within the framework of the partnership. Moreover, intenational cooperation activities are the best way of implementing knowledge acquired during educational process giving the equal posibility to men and women. Our students can also benefit from improving communication skills, language proficiency, comparing the educational systems and methods of tuition thus enhancing foreign language teaching at our school. Moreover, students become proud of their school, local environment and culture, thein self-esteem is enhanced, their social skills are improved, they can learn about people and culture of other countries and develop respect for these. Intercultural education is built into the life of the school and they can be proud of the European dimension of the school.